Carefully selected by Deano Sounds, World’s Funkiest Covers features
some of the funkiest covers from around the world and throughout time.
The album includes a wide range of styles including deep funk, latin soul,
hard salsa, soul, afro beat, and cumbia.
From the Ebony Rhythm Band’s deep funk cover of “Light My Fire” to the
soulful version of “Purple Haze” by Johnny Jones and the King Casuals, the
unforgettable tracks keep on coming. There’s also plenty of hard pounding
salsa with Ray Barretto’s cover of “Pastime Paradise,” Mongo Santamaria’s
cover of “Cloud Nine” and Williamsburg Salsa Orchestra’s cover of Spoon’s
“I Turn My Camera On.” More recent artists include Mighty Mo and the
Winchester 7 and Nostalgia 77 covering “The Message” and “Seven Nation
You can pick up this release on CD at your local retailer or you can support us and buy it direct from us at Bigcartel
. The LP version is out on November 15th!
1. Johnny Jones and the King Casuals – Purple Haze (Jimi Hendrix)
2. Mighty Mo and the Winchester Seven – The Next Message (Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five)
3. Afrosound – Jungle Fever (chakachas)
4. Fruko y sus Tesos – Bang Bang (New Swing Sextet)
5. Nostalgia 77 – Seven Nation Army (The White Stripes)
6. Ray Barretto – Pastime Paradise (Stevie Wonder)
7. Mongo Santamaria – Cloud Nine (The Temptations)
8. Williamsburg Salsa Orchestra – I Turn My Camera On (Spoon)
9. Ebony Rhythm Band – Light My Fire (The Doors)
10. The Johnny Frigo Sextet – Scorpio (Dennis Coffey) * (CD bonus track)
11. Antibalas – Rat Race (Bob Marley) * (Cd bonus track)